Source: Housing & Development Board (HDB)
Extract from: PRESS RELEASE 15 August 2011
1. This press release details the measures by HDB to deliver good affordable homes for all Singaporeans:
Increase in Flat Supply for First-time Homebuyers
- Increase the supply of HDB flats to help first-time homebuyers;
- Raise the income ceilings for citizen households and singles; and
- Increase the supply of HDB public rental flats for low-income households.
2. HDB will launch 5,500 Build-To-Order (BTO) flats in September and 4,000 BTO flats in November. The flats will be in different towns, such as Punggol, Sengkang, Hougang, Yishun, and Jurong East. The larger launches will give HDB flat buyers more housing choices in a single launch. These two launches will bring HDB total BTO supply this year to 25,000 flats.
3. HDB will complement the September BTO launch with the launch of at least 2,500 flats under a Sale of Balance Flats Exercise. Taken together, HDB will launch a record 8,000 units in September 2011, comprising 5,500 BTO flats and at least 2,500 balance flats.
4. For 2012, HDB will launch another 25,000 BTO flats. Besides new towns like Punggol, we will also build flats in mature estates, such as Kallang / Whampoa and Tampines.
5. The 2011 and 2012 BTO supply totalling 50,000 units in various parts of Singapore will provide wider choice and meet the diverse needs and aspirations of home buyers.
Raise the Income Ceilings for Citizen Households and Singles
6. To provide additional affordable housing options for more citizen households, HDB will raise the monthly income ceiling from $8,000 to $10,000 for the following:
7. The monthly income ceiling to purchase new Executive Condominiums (ECs) will also be increased from $10,000 to $12,000. This gives more families the added option of buying an EC, besides resale flats and private property. It also facilitates upgrading for existing HDB flat owners. Eligible first-timer households will receive a CPF Housing Grant, tiered. There is no change to the DBSS income ceiling of $10,000, which was just raised a year ago. Table 2 summarises the income ceilings for families.
- Purchase of new flats from HDB;
- Purchase of resale flats with CPF Housing Grant;
- An HDB loan for the purchase of a new or resale flat.
8. Single citizens too will get more help to buy a resale flat. The monthly income ceiling for single citizens buying up to a 5-room resale flat under the Single Singapore Citizen (SSC) Scheme, with a CPF Housing Grant and HDB loan, will be increased from $3,000 to $5,000. HDB will also increase the CPF Housing Grant for single citizens from $11,000 to $15,000.
9. The monthly income ceiling for housing subsidies for single citizens buying a resale flat under the Joint Singles Scheme (JSS) will also be increased from $8,000 to $10,000. Similarly, the monthly income ceiling for housing subsidies for single citizens who buy a resale flat with their parents will be increased from $8,000 to $10,000.
10. The monthly income ceiling to buy Studio Apartments (SAs) will also be increased from $8,000 to $10,000. This gives more elderly households the added option of buying an SA.
11. The changes will be implemented with immediate effect, i.e. for applications to buy new / resale HDB flats and HDB Loan Eligibility Letter applications received from 15 Aug 2011. For ECs, the changes will be applicable to projects which are launched for public sale from 15 Aug 2011.
Increase in Supply of Rental Flats for Low-Income Households
12. We will also increase the supply of rental flats under the Public Rental Scheme. We had earlier committed to increasing the rental flat supply to about 50,000 units by 2012. Currently, about 46,000 HDB rental flats are available for low income Singaporean households. Another about 4,000 rental flats will complete construction by 2012. We will also commence the development of about 7,000 rental flats in 2012 and 2013. This will increase our stock of rental flats to about 57,000 units by 2015.
13. For enquiries, the public can contact HDB at the following numbers:
Issued by: Housing & Development Board (HDB).
- HDB Sales/Resale Customer Service Line : 1800 8663 066
- HDB Branch Office Service Line : 1800 2255 432
Date: 15 August 2011
...Cross-reference check with 24 Aug 2015 HDB Property Policy
...Cross-reference check with 27 Aug 2013 HDB Property Policy
...Cross-reference check with 30 Aug 2010 HDB Property Policy
...Click back to Jessica Thia website